Sunday, August 17, 2008

My Semi-Birthday

Today me and my closest family celebrated my birthday. But actually my birthday is tomorrow but sinze my parents are working on Monday I and they thought it would fit in better with our lifes if we held it today.

And it was a pretty normal birthday, which in my famelie is: Both of my grandmothers comming and my grandfather, my mother, my father and most of the times both of my sisters (because my sister Sofia lives in a city a bit south she might have trouble showing up because of work, but this year she made it).
Then the birthday dude gets to open the presents and after that we have what we call in Sweden "fika", which is coffey, some diffrent cookies and on birthdays we have "tarta", Tårta in Swedish!!

After that we don't do very much, just hang around and socializing and then my father drives my grandmother home while my other grandmother stay behind a while and then get on their bikes to go home. That's it.

And today we also had dinner, well, not the grandparents, but mi familia! And as always the birthday dude gets to decide birthday dinner, and I choose "something from the tapas book Carla gave you"... and my mother made chicken with garlic and lemon! Very good! Even though it didn't look like the picture in the book when it was done, but I guess it never does.


It was a good birthday...and I got a lot of good things (I didn't wish for much so I got the two things I wished for), I got a new Ukulele (my old one was crap) and a guitar tuner. Then some clothes, socks, and ofcause I already had recived mi regalito Españolo, a very good-looking backpack from mi amorsita who's on her way here in a couple of days!!!

That's about it, and oh yeah, almost forgot about the Olympics...well, newsupdate on that: It sucks! I'm gonna stop to watch it when the football is over... I'm sick of it!

Adios!

No comments: