Wednesday, September 17, 2008

1st Aranda de Duero and now Tenerife!!


¡Hola! from the Island...

Yesterday we arrived to Tenerife.. But first let me tell you about a place called Aranda de Duero.

Aranda de Duero is a little city where Paloma lives, and Paloma is a girl who was in Umea last semester. We left Zaragoza at 7 in the morning with a bus. 4 and a half hours later we were in Aranda... Almudena (another girl who was in Umea) came with car from Madrid with car and Pablo (who also was in Umea) was suppose to come with her but he came with bus from Madrid a couple of hours later.

When we arrived in Aranda it was about 27 degrees warm and sunny. There was a kind of festival for the city the day we spent there so almost all the day we spent out in the streets... and it continued into the night.

I got to experience what the word "fiesta" really means... and now I know what a "bodega" is also... (view photos to the left).

At 7 o'clock we woke up to go to Madrid and take the flight to Tenerife. I slept in the car all the way (about 1 and a half hours) and then I slept on the plane about 2 hours more. And then we arrived in Tenerife.

Carlas mother were there waiting... and the Spanish kissing went better than expected!!

In the evening Carla went to a little gathering for a friend of hers who are leaving tomorrow, but I slept another 4 hours!!

The house is very beautiful, but I haven’t tried the pool yet...

But today...but today I became a bit more Spanish, I now am listed as living in Spain, officially. Me and Carla went to the police station in La Laguna (But we should have gone to Santa Cruz, but all went ok anyway) with all the papers needed to get a paper where it says that I am living in Tenerife... so from this day on I will be in the statistics of people who not just live in Tenerife but also Spain!!

The weather is normal.. 20 degrees and cloudy, it even rained a bit... but all is good and La Laguna seem to be a very nice city. A lot of cars everywhere like in all of the places I've seen here in Spain. But at the same time very nice and even though they drive like crazy there is a couple of streets without cars where you can enjoy a good calm walk!

I don't know what else to say...so much has happened in my first week here so I guess maybe tomorrow I can fill in the blanks a bit... we will have a day of rest tomorrow (it looks like)...

Tonight we have dinner with Carlas English class...well some of them...

And then sleeeeeep!!

Hasta luego!!

1 comment:

Anli said...

Holaaaas!! Como andas boludo!? Espero q estes bien allá te tengo enviiiidiiiiaaa q lo sepas ;)

Här hemma fortsätter livet sin gilla gång, träning, jobb och inte så mkt mer.. Kika gärna in på min blogg oxå :)

Ska bli spännande att följa din resa
Kram!!